Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Updated to AMD VMA 2.2 release!
Notable new features: defragmentation of GPU memory, buddy algorithm, convenience functions for sparse binding.
- New, more powerful defragmentation:
- Added support for defragmentation of GPU memory.
- Defragmentation of CPU memory now uses
memmoveinternally, so it can move data to overlapping regions.
- Defragmentation of CPU memory is now available for memory types that are
- Major internal changes in defragmentation algorithm.
- Old interface (structure
Allocator::defragment) is now deprecated.
- Added buddy algorithm, available for custom pools:
- Added convenience functions for multiple allocations and deallocations at once, intended for sparse binding resources:
- Added function that tries to resize existing allocation in place:
- Added flags for allocation strategy
- New flags:
- Their aliases:
- New flags:
- Changed behavior of allocation functions to return
ash::vk::Result::ERROR_VALIDATION_FAILED_EXTwhen trying to allocate memory of size 0, create buffer with size 0, or image with one of the dimensions 0.
- Internal optimization: using read-write mutex on some platforms.
- Many additions and fixes in documentation. Many compatibility fixes for various compilers. Other internal bugfixes, optimizations, refactoring, added more internal validation...