Cloak is a Chrome extension which simplifies your web experience by blocking unwanted images or elements from your favorite web pages.
Sample use cases:
- Hide elements and images that clutter your viewing space.
- Block ads that manage to bypass your ad filters.
- Block comments for a more sane web.
Modifying 3rd party web pages, without prexising knowledge of the DOM can be a trickly proposition. Page layout can change overnight, CSS quirks can collapse elements unexpectedly, etc.
Cloak helps out by providing a useful toolkit:
- Rules can be inspected, modified and applied at runtime.
- If you are unsatisfied with the last rule, you can easily 'undo' it.
- You have a choice to completely remove the element or simply make it "invisible" to maintain the structural integrity of the page.
Cloak can be installed from the Chrome Web Store: http://goo.gl/2NIrW.