This is the original Sonivox MIDI rendering (software synthesis) library used by Android. It is licensed under Apache license.
Its main advantages are small size and built-in wavetable, meaning you can get a MIDI player under 300kb - without external dependencies and without needing patches or an external soundfont!
The library is committed as-is from Android 6.0 source tree with a few minor changes made by George Yunaev (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- The library is merged together from several different places;
- Created Makefile and CMakefile;
- Added test application (heavily based on original eas_main.c and eas_wave.c patched for compatibility)
- Fixed 64-bit platform compatibility
- Linux x86 and x64, but should work on any little-endian platform
- Windows: x86 and x64
- OSX: x86, x64
BUILD FROM SOURCE:
- make or qmake (it does not use Qt though)
- GCC or clang / Xcode / VisualStudio / MinGW or MinGW-w64
Original location in Android source tree: external/sonivox/