Virtual Keyboard is a simulation of a big electric piano rendered in 3D using C++ and OpenGL (with custom shaders in GLSL).
To get started, you need two folders of files in the "/res/" folder:
- 88 files of organ sounds in ".aiff" file format in the "/res/organ_sounds/" folder, and
- 88 files of piano sounds in ".aiff" file format in the "/res/piano_sounds/" folder.
The files should be named as follows:
- All are in the format [octave][letter][the flat symbol "b" if the note is flat].aiff.
- The first notes are as follows: 0a.aiff, 0bb.aiff, 0b.aiff, 1c.aiff, 1db.aiff...
These files cannot be provided due to licensing issues.
When running the application, enter the path to "/res/" on your machine in the console as prompted.
Using the Application
- WASD keys moves you around the world, pressing keys down when you move over them
- The mouse/trackpad can be used to look around,
- F toggles fullscreen mode,
- ESC exits fullscreen mode or the application,
- K switches between organ and piano sound modes.