This is a major release with improvements and bug fixes.
As of version 1.2, H2O bundles all the dependencies (expect
cmake used for building the application).
Among the bugs being fixed includes a heap overrun in the proxy module. Users using the proxy module is recommended to upgrade the server to 1.2.0.
- [core] bundle libyaml #248 (Kazuho Oku)
- [core] implement master-worker process mode and daemon mode (bundles Server::Starter) #258 #270 (Kazuho Oku)
- [file] more mime-types by default #250 #254 #280 (Tatsuhiko Kubo, George Liu, Kazuho Oku)
- [file][http1] fix connection being closed if the length of content is zero #276 (Kazuho Oku)
- [headers] fix heap overrun during configuration #251 (Kazuho Oku)
- [http2] do not delay sending PUSH_PROMISE #221 (Kazuho Oku)
- [http2] reduce memory footprint under high load #271 (Kazuho Oku)
- [http2] fix incorrect error sent when number of streams exceed the limit #268 (Kazuho Oku)
- [proxy] fix heap overrun when building request sent to upstream #266 #269 (Moto Ishizawa, Kazuho Oku)
- [proxy] fix laggy response in case the length of content is zero #274 #276 (Kazuho Oku)
- [SSL] fix potential stall while reading data from client #268 (Kazuho Oku)
- [SSL] bundle LibreSSL #236 #272 (Kazuho Oku)
- [SSL] obtain source-level compatibility with BoringSSL #228 (Kazuho Oku)
- [SSL] add directive
listen.ssl.cipher-preferencefor controlling the selection logic of cipher-suites #233 (Kazuho Oku)
- [SSL] disable TLS compression #252 (bisho)
- [libh2o] fix C++ compatibility (do not use empty struct) #225 (Kazuho Oku)
- [libh2o] search external dependencies using pkg-config #227 (Kazuho Oku)
- [misc] fix GCC version detection bug used for controlling compiler warnings #224 (Kazuho Oku)
- [misc] check merory allocation failures in socket pool #265 (Tatsuhiko Kubo)