DragonStarts - Gamestarts for X4 Foundations
This mod adds
7 several new game starts to X4
allow you to skip progressively more of the beginning phases of the
game by providing better ships, money, SETA, and blueprints.
Instead of directly adding money, you get a number of the most valubale crystals in the inventory at start. That way if you don't want the easy money, you can just dump them and not be tempted.
Using the PHQ (or "Where's the research thingy?")
You need to build a dock onto the PHQ, land there, and go talk to the Boron. Take the transporter to the Science Labratory. This makes the research menu available.
You start in an Eclipse Vanguard loaded out with MK3 engines, and shields, 4 gatling guns, and the Docking computer MK2. You have 20,000 credits and the SETA. You are located in Argon Prime between the shipyard and highway. The PHQ is near the inactive jump gate, about 100km away from you.
Basic plus between 10 and 80 of the $250k/ea crystals in your inventory. Enough to start traders working for you.
3: Poor Producer
Poor plus a good production set of blueprints.
Blueprints are expanded from the basic set to include the "E" large dock, Teladi and Argon Large size storage modules, Argon claim and defence disc, all the biological plants, including illegals, all the basic material refineries, and Teladi shield and Argon turret blueprints to load out the defence discs.
4: Comfy Producer
Poor Producer, but with between 80 and 200 crystals in inventory. An Albatross builder, well set up. Added blueprints for the ship building modules in S/M, L, and XL sizes.
5: Seedling Magnate
Comfy Producer set up, plus blueprints for all the intermediate and final production modules. Just the thing to build an independant empire and wipe out the rest of the map.
The production modules are all Argon, "Refined Metals" users instead of Teladi, if that matters.
Between 2,000 and 4,000 crystals in inventory.
6: Rank Cheating
Seedling Magnate plus: habitat modules (L for TEL/PAR, M habs for ARG), blueprints for a selection of ships and full gear to kit them out.
- XL: Albatross Vg, Colossus Snt, Teladi resupply
- L: Odyseuss Vg, Shuyaku Snt, Helios Vg, paranid gas and mineral miners
- M transport: Vulture Snt, Hermes Vg, Demeter Vg, Minotaur Raider
- M miner: paranid gas and mineral miners
- M fighter: Gorgon Vg, Cerberus Vg, Nemesis Vg, Minitaur Snt
- S transport: Tethys Vg
- S fighter: Pegasus Vg, Nodan Vg, ANT Pulsar
7: Cheating, but without the PHQ
As it says on the tin, as "Rank Cheating" above, but no PHQ. The PHQ mission should still be available.
Test platform start, marked in the source for easy user
All the 'Rank Cheating' stuff, as well as:
- another builder, and a Shuyaku with a load of ecells, hull parts, and claytronics.
- teleport and module hacking research done (you can use teleport right from the beginning)
- open map (know every station/object in the galaxy at start)
- AdvSats on all gates (but not accelerators)
- Trade subscriptions to all freindly faction stations
- several HOP ship blueprints to give your yards income
NOTE: the map is not updated at every game load as with the OpenMap mod, when factions build stations after the game starts, you will have to find out about them normally. Trade subscriptions likewise, anything not there at start, you have to arrange your own.
Also see my other x4f mods
- fix missing Helios, add resupply
- add moar ships to test start
- correct docs
- Fixed PHQ mission being offered when PHQ had been given already. (thanks to mewosmith for help fixing that and apologies to those bitten by that bug)
- add Ion Blaster weapon blueprint to cheat level starts
- add Teladianium refinery blueprint
- significant code reorganization
- (slightly) MOAR crystals at all levels
- Added starts 2a and b, 3a, X
Installing and Using
Dowload this project as a .zip file. Unpack that into the X4
extensions/ folder. This may vary from machine to machine but
Steam/steamapps/common/X4/extensions should get you started. It's ok
if it's named
dragonstarts-master/. The new starting options should
appear as options under "New Game" when you next start X4.
This should be compatible with most other mods, and vanilla, as it doesn't change anything about gameplay.
Not Copyrighted 2019 by Mark Lamb; dedicated to the Public Domain