Dead simple email notification system
Allows easy configuration of notifications and management of email templates.
- Allow administrators to setup email notifications on any models without programming knowledge
- Allow administrators to create and modify email templates easily
- Be as simple and unobtrusive as possible to setup
If this project does not fit your needs, you might want to look at django-notification.
Key differences between django-courier and django-notification:
- No need to setup notifications from Python
- Email templates are stored in database
- Email templates are rendered using Django template system (with the sender object as context)
- Everything is manageable from the admin interface
- Transparent integration with django-modeltranslation
- If you set an EmailNotification on the User model on create and modified signal, you will get a created AND a modified notification upon User creation. This is related to the way the User model are created (I guess).
- Compatible with only with Django >= 1.3
This project was created and is sponsored by:
Motion Média (http://motion-m.ca)