A line editing library in pure Nim designed to be easy to use and provide a minimal (but useful) set of features to build interactive CLI applications.
- Basic line editing functionality, move the cursor left and right, delete characters etc.
- Support for a simple prompt at the beginning of the line.
- Support for hiding typed characters (and print asterisks instead).
- Support for intercepting keypresses before they are printed to stdout.
- Some Emacs-like keybindings.
- Customizable line completion.
- Customizable key bindings (i.e. bind a key or a sequence of keys to a Nim proc).
- Persistent history management (history entries can be written to a file).
nimline does not provide:
- Support for multiple lines (you will not be able to move to the next line)
- Support for Unicode or characters other than ASCII.
- Support for colors in the prompt.
- Full Emacs or Vi key bindings.
For more information, see the reference docs.