html5boilerplate.com source code
The HTML5 Boilerplate website is a simple static site.
- The development code is in the
- The build process relies on Grunt (a Node.js task runner).
- The Grunt configuration is found in
- Install Node.js and npm.
Install Grunt's command line interface (CLI)
npm install -g grunt-cli.
You should be able to work almost entirely in the
While developing run
grunt dev. This will:
- open the website in your default browser and automatically update it whenever changes are made to the page or any of the files contained in the page
- lint the code and inform you about any suspicious language usage
When you have finished your changes, make sure that the distribution package
is correct by running
grunt build and then checking the output.