hCaptcha for WordPress
Contributors: intercrypt, hCaptcha team, phpwebdev11, faysalhaque, plexusllc-admin, thinhbuzz, kaggdesign, publicarray
Maintainers: hCaptcha team
License: GPLv2 or later, at your option
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Enables hCaptcha integration with WordPress.
NOTE: This is a community-developed plugin. All integrations were submitted by developers like you. If you see an integration that doesn't work, or one that's missing, please open a pull request!
Note that PRs should meet WordPress Coding Standards. This is automatically enforced by CI.
hCaptcha is a drop-in replacement for reCAPTCHA that earns website owners money and helps companies get their data labeled, without giving your user data to an ad company.
cd /wp-content/plugins git clone https://github.com/hCaptcha/hcaptcha-wordpress-plugin.git cd hcaptcha-wordpress-plugin composer install yarn yarn run build:dev
- Sign up at hCaptcha.com to get a site key and secret.
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Enter your Site Key and SECRET in the Settings -> hCaptcha menu in WordPress
- Enable desired Integrations
Run code sniffer to respect WordPress coding standards
Run integration tests
Run unit tests
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where can I get more information about hCaptcha?
A: Please see our website at: https://www.hcaptcha.com/
- Initial version: Alex V. + intercrypt team
- Major upgrade + 100% test coverage: kaggdesign
- Current version and maintainer: hCaptcha team + community
- Login Form
- Register Form
- Lost Password Form
- Comment Form
- bbPress New Topic Form
- bbPress Reply Form
- BuddyPress Create Group Form
- Buddypress Registration Form
- Contact Form 7
- Divi Contact Form
- Elementor Pro Form
- Jetpack Forms
- Mailchimp for WP Form
- MemberPress Register Form
- Ninja Forms
- Otter Blocks Forms
- Subscriber Form
- WooCommerce Login Form
- WooCommerce Registration Form
- WooCommerce Lost Password Form
- WooCommerce Checkout Form
- WooCommerce Order Tracking Form
- WooCommerce Wishlist
- WPForms Lite
- wpForo New Topic Form
- wpForo Reply Form
Some plugins listed have been superseded by native support, and are included only for legacy compatibility purposes.
You should always use native hCaptcha support if available for your plugin. Please check with your plugin author if native support is not yet available.
Instructions for native integrations are below: