Script to visualize how many comments you've gotten to your WordPress blog over the years
- Install the MySQL Connector/Python package.
pip install mysql-connector-python
- If you want to get a (potentially funny) random name in the help, also install the names package.
pip install names
- run the script to see the help
- get hold of your database host, username, database and password
- run the script with the appropiate options
- you should get an image like the one shown below, which are the numbers for my blog (if you have matplotlib installed, otherwise you only get the raw numbers).