This is the code of hacken.in, an event calendar for geeks in various cities.
- If you want to contribute, check out our Code of Conduct and Contribution Guide.
- If you find a bug, please report it on our tracker.
- We discuss features and problems in our Slack.
Scope of hacken.in
When you want to add an event to hacken.in, we feature the following topics:
- Programming (in any language)
- Nerd-Culture (like Star Wars, Ponies, Gaming, Comics...)
- Software Development Methods and Software Engineering
- Electronics and Robots
If you want to help us in extending the calendar to your city, open an issue, so we can get you started!
We use Docker and Docker Compose for development. Therefore you need to follow the following steps to develop for hacken.in:
- Install Docker and Docker Compose
- Clone this repository
- In the folder now run
You are now ready to go
If you want to start your app again later, run
docker-compose up. For all other commands you want to run, you always prefix them with
docker-compose run --rm web. A few examples:
- Run all tests with
docker-compose run --rm web rake
- Run the migrations with
docker-compose run --rm web rake db:migrate
- Generate a model
docker-compose run --rm web rails generate model MyModel
Contributing to Hacken.in
Please note that this project is released with a Contributor Code of Conduct. By participating in this project you agree to abide by its terms.
Learn everything about Contributing in our CONTRIBUTING.md
We use bugsnag for exception tracking. When an exception occurs on our live page, this will create a ticket in Github.