Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Hackeriet is a members-owned non-profit association. Members have a hand in the running of the organisation as well as 24/7 access to the space.
Membership is paid monthly by standing order. Running an organisation like this in Oslo isn’t cheap, so please play your dues on time. The space requires our members to contribute an average subscription of kr250/month to survive. For students, retirees or low income members the minimum subscription is kr 150/month.
- Regular members: 250kr monthly
- Students : 150kr monthly
- Sponsorship membership: as much as you wish. Our suggestion: 500kr monthly / 5500kr yearly
Pay by bank transfer to account number 1254.05.75124 and mark the transaction with your name.
Supporting membership is for those who wish to support Hackeriet’s activities financially. We can provide invoices for supporting members upon request. Contact finance – AT – hackeriet.no.
Who can be a member?
- anyone with an active interest in hacking – in the wider sense
What to do as a new member?
- think about a good nickname
- jump on our IRC server, that’s where the buzz is ( #oslohackerspace on freenode and matrix ). Consider following up 24/7 in a shell/screen, as level of activity varies.
- get a membership card and a key to the building. Don’t be shy, you should get those ASAP.
- come and use the space whenever you have time and will, you don’t need anyone to do it.
- put your own server/pi online in the nettlaug server room.
- get enough inspiration / hydration as beer and Mate from the vending machine.
- come in person to tuesdays and saturdays, bring your laptop and whatever else you want to find.
- hold a talk, tell us something fun.
- host a workshop: what did you work on / study in the last period?
- organize an event of other nature: show a movie, organize a hackaton/CTF, play music on the stage, your call.
What do I get for the fee / What is my membership fee used for?
Hackeriet exists for us to pool our resources, exchange experiences, let us teach and learn, share equipment and offer us a physical place to do this. To achieve this, we need funding.
The membership fee is our primary source of funding and is currently used to pay rent, fund workshops and buy equipment that the members find useful at a hackerspace.
While we urge you to become a full member, we don’t require you to be one in order to visit us.
Full members get
- Their own storage space where you can store your project stuff.
- Voting rights at the general assembly meetings, as stated in our bylaws (Vedtekter).
- Right to participate in membership meetings, first Tuesday of every month.
- Membership card for unlocking doors and getting Club Mate from the vending machine.
You need two keys:
- a key card, which opens the space itself, and
- a Hausmania key, which opens many doors at Hausmania, including the front door (at least until we/you build more keycard stations).
We produce our own keycards, but need to order the Hausmania keys.
Email styret – at – hackeriet.no and request a key, and we will order one for you. There is a 400kr deposit for keys, deposit is paid by bank transfer to Hackeriets main account (see Money).