A Simple multi client chat with encryption implemented in Java Swing
How to run the Chat
Download PeerChatServer.java and PeerChatClient.java. Compile and run with the following steps
java PeerChatServer in terminal(Started Server)
java PeerChatClient in terminal(Started Client)
java PeerChatClientagain so that there are now two clients connected to server
- Make sure that PeerChatServer is already started before running the Clients
- The software is tested only in Ubuntu/Linux.
- If port 8888 is used by some other application please change it.
How it works?
The PeerChatServer acts only as the server. Start atleast two peerChatClient files to start communication with each other along with the Server file running.
How to connect to server?
When this screen pops up enter localhost. Optional: If you are using two diffrent computers enter the ip address of the server.
How to login?
The following login credentials can be used to login to the systemUsername
- snape iiita
- potter malfoy
- jonsnow iiita
- hulk iiita
- ironman tonystark
- batman darkknight
Once logged in the clients can send messages to each other.
- Secure communication with JCE(DES/ECB/PKCS5)
- Group chat
- Validation of sign in details in Server side
- Simple to use GUI
- Cross Platform (Windows, MAC, Linux)