This is a re-vamped version of the Food Oasis application, with a Postgres database, node/express Web API server, and React client.
- Git for working with Github source code
- Node and npm for running the web app
Full-Stack React/Node Application Installation
Clone this repo to your local drive.
- Start a terminal app, such as Terminal on OSX or the Git Bash shell on Windows.
- Create a src directory in the user's home directory and go in it
cd && mkdir src && cd src
- Clone the repository
git clone https://github.com/hackforla/food-oasis
Change to the food-oasis directory:
Install the node server npm depedencies:
.envfile from the slack channel and place it in this directory. It contains private info (i.e., the production database connection string) that we cannot put in this public GitHub repo.
Change to the client directory:
Install the client (React) dependencies:
To Run the React/Node Application
npm startfrom the food-oasis directory to start the node server.
- Open a separate command shell and set the directory to the /client subdirectory, then
npm startagain to start the client application and open a browser pointing to it.