CodiMD lets you collaborate in real-time with markdown. Built on HackMD source code, CodiMD lets you host and control your team's content with speed and ease.
- CodiMD - The Open Source HackMD
- Contribution and Discussion
- Browser Support
HackMD helps developers write better documents and build active communities with open collaboration. HackMD is built with one promise - You own and control all your content:
- You should be able to easily download all your online content at once.
- Your content formatting should be portable as well. (That's why we choose markdown.)
- You should be able to control your content's presentation with HTML, slide mode, or book mode.
CodiMD is the free software version of HackMD, developed and opened source by the HackMD team with reduced features (without book mode), you can use CodiMD for your community and own all your data. (See the origin of the name CodiMD.)
CodiMD is perfect for open communities, while HackMD emphasizes on permission and access controls for commercial use cases.
HackMD team is committed to keep CodiMD open source. All contributions are welcome!
You would find all documentation here: CodiMD Documentation
CodiMD is highly customizable, learn about all configuration options of networking, security, performance, resources, privilege, privacy, image storage, and authentication in CodiMD Configuration.
All contributions are welcome! Even asking a question helps.
|Project||Contribution Types||Contribution Venue|
|CodiMD||👫 Community chat||Gitter|
|🐛 Issues, bugs, and feature requests||Issue tracker|
|📚 Improve documentation||Documentations|
|☕ Donation||Buy us coffee|
|HackMD||❓ Issues related to HackMD||Issue tracker|
CodiMD is a service that runs on Node.js, while users use the service through browsers. We support your users using the following browsers:
- Chrome >= 47, Chrome for Android >= 47
- Safari >= 9, iOS Safari >= 8.4
- Firefox >= 44
- Edge >= 12
- Opera >= 34, Opera Mini not supported
- Android Browser >= 4.4
To stay up to date with your installation it's recommended to subscribe the release feed.
License under AGPL.