Clone this wiki locally
Twilio - http://twilio.com
Simple API for making/receiving phone calls and sending/receiving text messages.
John Britton - jdb at twilio dot com
Contact me if you need help, all participants can claim $50 in free credit and an account upgrade.
- NYHacker - The NY Hacker Union - http://nyhacker.org
- Game Hack Day - http://gamehackday.org
- MyGengo - An API for human translation - http://mygengo.com
Nodejitsu (Node.js Cloud Hosting) - http://www.nodejitsu.com
Nodejitsu is cloud-hosting for nodejs. What is nodejs why is it amazing and how does it compare to Ruby, Python or PHP? Watch a video and read a quick intro here http://nodejs.org/. We provide a modern API for deploying and managing your applications
- hij1nx - @hij1nx http://www.twitter.com/hij1nx
- indexzero - @indexzero http://www.twitter.com/indexzero
- marak - @maraksquires http://www.twitter.com/maraksquires
Phone.com (VoIP Telphony API) - http://www.phone.com/api
Phone.com is a hosted PBX service provider composed of a combination of young and young at heart individuals who are disrupting the telecom industry with cool web and mobile apps for everyday use of business and individuals. Call me to get advice and ideas about combining VoIP mobile and web applications using our API.
All API users get free account for a year.
Free Art & Technology Lab (FAT Lab) - http://fffff.at
FAT Lab is an international group of artists, hackers, programmers, and more. We're responsible for OpenFrameworks, EyeWriter, Shaved Bieber, Graffiti Markup Language, causing PR nightmares for Google, Twitter, an others, as well as many other badass, creative projects. Ask us how to get serious h4xx0r cr3d for making viral project. :p
- Greg Leuch - greg at gleuch dot com - @gleuch - http://gleu.ch
BuzzFeed - http://buzzfeed.com
BuzzFeed is a website that combines a technology platform for detecting viral content with an editorial selection process to provide a snapshot of "the viral web in realtime."
- Greg Leuch - greg at buzzfeed dot com - @gleuch
- Aaron Dancygier - aaron at buzzfeed dot com
- Ky Harlin - ky at buzzfeed dot com
Canv.as - http://canv.as
We haven't built an API yet, but we'd love to hang out and help you with whatever you're working on.
Rubenstein Technology Group - http://www.rubensteintech.com
Jaron Rubenstein - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entry-level Software Engineer -- we are also looking for a Entry-level Softwar Engineer with 0 - 3 years of experience with content management systems, e-commerce, and/or jQuery to join our team. Email us at email@example.com for details or to apply. More details at http://www.rubensteintech.com/about/jobs.html
- NYC Web Design Meetup -- http://www.nycwdm.org/
Boxee - http://www.boxee.tv
- Rob Spectre - firstname.lastname@example.org
Boxee is an open source social media center that brings everything you want to watch on the Internet into the living room for free. If you're interested in taking your web experience and bringing it to the TV, Boxee is the fastest and easiest way to go.
Here's some info to get you started:
- Google App Engine
- Hating the Yankees
Hyperpublic - http://hyperpublic.com
- Doug Petkanics - email@example.com
- Eric Tang - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jonathan Vingiano - email@example.com
Hyperpublic (http://hyperpublic.com)is an open location platform. If you're building an application that can benefit from local data, you can use the Hyperpublic API to query local people, places, and things. You can also push your application's local data into Hyperpublic to get distribution through the entire 3rd party developer ecosystem.
Yipit - http://yipit.com
Yipit (http://yipit.com) aggregates and recommends the best daily deals in your city. We collect all the great daily deals from 461 services including Groupon, LivingSocial, Buy With Me, Tippr, Yelp and many more.
Etsy is the world's handmade marketplace, with 8.5 million listings posted by over 500,000 sellers.
- Ryan Witt - firstname.lastname@example.org - @onecreativenerd
Opani lets you run R, Matlab, SciPy, NumPy, Node in the cloud over big data sets and stream results realtime to your browser.
- Documentation http://opani.com/help
We are building a visual development and runtime environment aimed at people who would rather work with graphs than code. You draw your workflows using our designer and run them on our servers.
We also offer a growing range of well-documented worflows in our library which abstract the details of common APIs, allowing you quicker access to the data with less time spent in the details of connection and authentication.
GetGlue - http://getglue.com
- Nic Luciano - email@example.com
- Documentation - http://getglue.com/api
- Matt Insler - firstname.lastname@example.org
Signpost connects locals with deals that actually matter to them.
We have a basic API (very very very recently created) to get at user information and deals that are around you right now. Check it out at http://www.signpost.com/oauth/api. For the hackathon, you don't need to use oauth.
- Mailing list - email@example.com http://groups.google.com/group/foursquare-api/
- Akshay Patil - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kushal Dave - email@example.com
- Jorge Ortiz - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jon Shea - email@example.com
Foursquare gives you and your friends new ways to explore your city. Check out our developer documentation https://developer.foursquare.com/ for information on how to use our API. If you want to request access to our private Push API, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your username and API key.
- Richard Frankel - email@example.com