Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This release fixes data being incorrectly read from sensors due to a naively broken compilation fix. It also supports Geoclue running as a different user than "geoclue".
This release fixes API documentation not being in the tarball, removes a work-around for long-standing kernel bug (see README.md for details), and ignores accelerometers that are part of gaming devices. A number of build warnings were also fixed.
This release fixes iio-sensor-proxy not receiving udev events because of the excessive lockdown added in version 2.1. This also fixes a possible crash on startup due to a race condition.
This release fixes a security problem that will affect services
other than iio-sensor-proxy, that have a system D-Bus interface.
Upgrading to this version is highly recommended.
- Make D-Bus policy rules only affect SensorProxy itself
- Lockdown service through systemd
- Fix startup problem on machines with a Compass device
This release adds build fixes, fixes the detection of a number of
devices that should be supported, stops trying to use devices
that shouldn't, and adds support for the "mount-matrix" property,
which can be used to fix the orientation of accelerometers on
devices where the default does not work.
- Add support for ACCEL_MOUNT_MATRIX udev property
- Fix startup failure on certain devices
- Work-around possible kernel bug on certain devices
- Better supported/unsupported sensors detection
- Better debug output
This release adds build fixes, fixes accelerometer unit scaling and really fixes regression with the IIO accelerometer in kernel 4.8 that was supposed to be fixed in version 1.2.
This release mainly adds better debug output, and updated testing
instructions in the README.
- Fix regression with IIO accelerometer in kernel 4.8
- Fix possible crash in compass handling
This release adds support for Compasses (only accessible to GeoClue).
- Fix service not starting in a number of cases
- Fix excessive CPU usage monitoring light sensors on Macs
- Support light sensors on some Samsung laptops
- Fix incorrect sensor readings on some devices due to unit scaling