This is the work-in-progress repo for the book Mastering Shiny by Hadley Wickham.
Built with bookdown.
Table of contents
- Your first Shiny app
- Basic UI
- Basic reactivity
- Case study
Shiny in action
- Reactive components
- Dependency tracking
- Code organisation
- Using scopes to manage object lifetimes
- Sharing working between users
- Making an app in a function
- Connecting to databases
- Advanced techniques
- Async programming with promises
- Troubleshooting and debugging
- Testing with shinytest
- Managing dependencies with packrat
- Performance and scalability
- Load testing with shinyloadtest
- Deployment options
- Bookmarkable state
- Server-side selectize and DT
- R Markdown integration
There are three directories for images:
diagrams/contains omnigraffle diagrams. Source of truth is
.grafflefiles. Can delete all subdirectories.
screenshots/contains programmatic screenshots. Source of truth is book code. Can delete all subdirectories.
images/contains images created some other way. Images are source of truth and should not be deleted.