A graphics and command line tools to optimize PNGs and convert other lossless formats (GIF, BMP, TGA) into optimized PNGs.
- The PngOptimizer application in the "projects" directory is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public Licence.
- The PngOptimizerCL application in the "projects" directory is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public Licence.
- The poeng library in the "sdk" directory is distributed under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public Licence.
- The chuwin32 library in the "sdk" directory is distributed under the terms of the Zlib licence.
- The chustd library in the "sdk" directory is distributed under the terms of the Zlib licence.
- The chustd uses the Zlib library, distributed under the terms of the ZLib licence.
- The unit_tests directory uses the Google Test framework, distributed under the terms of the new BSD license.
How to build PngOptimizer?
- Use Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 and open projects/pngoptimizer/PngOptimizer.sln
- Build the solution, in either Debug or Release mode, and for Win32 (x86) or x64.
The final build result, PngOptimizer.exe, is located into the Win32-Debug, Win32-Release, x64-Debug or x64-Release sub-directory of the PngOptimizer directory.
Open a terminal
Ensure you have build tools. To get the build tools on Ubuntu, open a terminal and execute this command:
sudo apt install build-essential
Ensure you have GTK+ development package:
sudo apt-get install libgtk-3-dev
Change directory to projects/pngoptimizer/
These commands build in debug and release configuration respectively. The build results are located in the linux-debug/ or linux-release/ directories.
make accept other targets: clean, run, install, uninstall, cov. Open sdk/chulib.mk for a description at the top of the file.
The SDK libraries have subdirectories where build files are stored:
- Win32-Debug for the Windows 32-bit debug version
- Win32-Release for the Windows 32-bit release version
- x64-Debug for the Windows 64-bit debug version
- x64-Release for the Windows 64-bit release version
- linux-debug for Linux 64-bit debug version
- linux-release for Linux 64-bit release version
- linux-coverage for Linux 64-bit debug+coverage version (used when calling make cov)
How to build PngOptimizerCL?
For Windows: same as PngOptimizer except you need to open projects/pngoptimizercl/PngOptimizerCL.sln
For Linux: same as PngOptimizer except you need to change directory to projects/pngoptimizercl, and the GTK+ development package is not needed.
To build all and create the packages to be downloaded, call from a terminal:
- On Windows:
- On Linux:
Packages will be created in the distrib/download directory.