Looking for someone to take over
I no longer have time to support this project, so I am looking for someone to take over. Please raise an issue in the issue tracker if you are interested in taking over the maintenance of SwampDragon.
Help needed, and the future of SwampDragon
SwampDragon has a lot of dependencies, and is heavily dependent on Django. One of the libs that SwampDragon is dependant on is https://github.com/leporo/tornado-redis, and this project looks like it might no longer be maintained (I believe Leporo has done a great job with this library and I understand that he may no longer have time to maintain it) Going forward I have decided that this needs a solution.
So the current plan for SwampDragon is this:
- Remove as many external dependencies as possible
- Make it work with other frameworks like Flask etc. (i.e remove Django as a required dependency)
- Better testing
- More code coverage
- Swappable serializer (it should be possible to use 3rd party serializers like that of DRF)
- SelfPublishModel needs rewriting and should be a separate module
- ... and much more
- Proper contribution guidelines
How to get there
This is a big job and help is required to get there. Anything from writing code and tests to reviewing PRs etc. would be appreciated.
If you are interested in helping out let me know.
General conversations about this can be found here: https://github.com/jonashagstedt/swampdragon/issues/161
Build real-time web applications with Django.
- Real-time data
- Self publishing model
- Make use of the wonderful features of Django
- Serializers handling Django models
- Customisable field serializers
- Routers that are easy to understand
- Angular JS support
- Query style data subscriptions
- Easy to implement in existing Django projects
SwampDragon makes use of Djangos wonderful ORM, Tornados excellent websocket support (with fallback. Tested in IE7), and Redis blazing speed.
pip install swampdragon
note: Redis 2.8 or higher required
See documentation and example projects in this repository.
Tutorial available here.
See Documentation here
See change logs at swampdragon.net here
Contributing and running the tests
Feel free to make a pull request, just make sure you write tests to cover the changes / additions you make.
To run the tests install Tox and run
tox (in the same directory as tox.ini)
Copyright (c) 2014, jonas hagstedt All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.