We are looking for a skilled Database Engineer to work on our database protocols and peer-to-peer database implementations.
- Develop and design a reference implementation for the database protocol
- Develop new tools to integrate native databases to networks using the protocol
- Improve and optimize the protocol, its implementation and documentation for better developer experience
- Build a welcoming open source community by participating in discussions and helping others
- 3+ years of experience working with distributed databases
- 3+ years of system programming experience in a non-managed language (Rust, Go, C++ etc).
- Understanding of modern database internals, data modeling, and distributed databases
Nice to have
- Engineering experience with distributed databases, systems and networks
- Experience with IPFS and OrbitDB or other peer-to-peer technologies
- Experience and understanding of smart contracts, crypto-currencies, and blockchains
- Experience in, or a desire to learn functional programming
- Experience in open source software development
How to apply
Check the instructions how to apply if you became interested!