pmrp (Poor Man's Radio Player) is an Internet radio player script written in bash.
- 350 hand-picked radio stations.
- Music, news, talk-shows, interviews, comedy, plays and much much more.
- Easy menu system to browse-navigate between different radio stations.
- Now playing information.
- Very low memory footprint.
- No configuration required. Ready to play from the word go.
- mpg123 - mpg123 is a real time MPEG 1.0/2.0/2.5 audio player/decoder for layers 1,2 and 3 (most commonly MPEG 1.0 layer 3 aka MP3). It is free software licensed under LGPL 2.1. It is available in the repositories of most Linux distributions so you can easily install it via your package manager.
Download pmrp-master zip, extract its contents and copy the file 'pmrp' to '/usr/local/bin' directory,
$ sudo cp pmrp /usr/local/bin/
Next make it executable,
$ sudo chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/pmrp
Open terminal, run pmrp, select a station according to your mood & don't forget to turn up the volume.