ChatSecure is a very simple IM client for iOS that integrates encrypted "Off the Record" messaging support from the libotr library. It uses the LibOrange library to handle all of the OSCAR functionality and the xmppframework to handle XMPP (in progress).
Bold indicates it has been tested and works properly.
- Adium (Mac OS X) - OTR works over both XMPP and Oscar.
- climm (Unix-like), since (mICQ) 0.5.4.
- MCabber (Unix-like), since 0.9.4
- CenterIM (Unix-like), since 4.22.2
- Phoenix Viewer (successor of Emerald Viewer), a Second Life client (Cross-platform)
- Vacuum IM (Cross-platform)
- Jitsi (Cross-platform)
- BitlBee (Cross-platform), since 3.0 (optional at compile-time)
- Pidgin (cross-platform), with pidgin-otr plugin.
- Kopete (Unix-like), either with a third-party plugin or, since the addition of Kopete-OTR on 12th of March 2008, with the version of Kopete shipped with KDE 4.1.0 and later releases.
- Miranda IM (Microsoft Windows), with a third-party plugin
- Psi (Cross-platform), with a third-party plugin and build, in Psi+ native usable
- Trillian (Microsoft Windows), with a third-party plugin
- irssi, with a third-party plugin
- AOL Instant Messenger (Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows)
- iChat (Mac OS X)
- Proteus (Mac OS X)
- Gibberbot (formerly OtRChat), a free and open source Android application (still in early development) produced by The Guardian Project, provides OTR protocol compatible over XMPP chat.
If you want to use this code in your own project please let me know!
- Cypherpunks libotr - provides the core encryption capabilities
- LibOrange - handles all of the OSCAR (AIM) functionality
- XMPPFramework - XMPP support
- DTCoreText - prettier chat window
- MBProgressHUD - a nice looking progress HUD