Resources on Testing
Programming Ruby by Dave Thomas.
Chapter 12 "Unit Testing". The 3rd edition discusses RSpec and Shoulda as well.
The Rails Way by Obie Fernandez
Chapter 17 "Testing" anc Chapter 18 "RSpec on Rails". A fair long coverage of tesing and RSpec.
Advanced Rails Recipes
- Recipe 50 Describe Behavios from Outside In with RSpec
- Recipe 51 Test First with Shoulda
- Recipe 55 Mock Models with FlexMock
- Recipe 56 Track Test Coverage with rcov
The Ruby Way 2nd edition by Hal Fulton
- Chapter 16 Tesing and Debugging
Agile Web Development with Rails 3rd edition
- Chapter 13 Testing. A short introduction on testing. Using "Depot" as an sample.
Refactoring Ruby Edition" by Jay Fields, Shane Harvie, Martin Fowler with Kent Beck
- Chapter 4 "Building Tests" in " (The book is still beta.)
The Ruby Programming Language
I don't have the book.
- Test-first Development for Rails (The content is rather old)
- RSpec Mocks and Models
- RSpec Controllers and Tools
- RSpec User Stories (I think the story framework was replaced recently.)