Fixes some bugs and adds support for everything up to Mastodon version 2.8.0.
There are some breaking changes in this release, though less than you might think, considering
this goes all the way from version 2.4.3 to 2.8.0.
- BREAKING CHANGE: Changed streaming API behaviour to make the initial connection asynchronous (Thanks to Shura0 for the detailed report)
- Old behaviour: The initial connection could fail, the stream functions would then throw an exception.
- New behaviour: The initial connection function just returns immediately. If there is a connection error, the listeners on_abort handler is called to inform the user and the connection is retried.
- BREAKING CHANGE: search() now calls through to search_v2. The old behaviour is available as search_v1.
- Added support for polls (Added in 2.8.0)
- Added support for preferences API (Added in 2.8.0)
- Added support for the boost visibility parameter (Added in 2.8.0)
- Added support for type, limit, offset, min_id, max_id, account_id on the search API (Added in 2.8.0)
- Added support for scheduled statuses (Added in 2.7.0)
- Added support for account creation via the API (Thanks gargron for clarifying many things here and in other places. Added in 2.7.0)
- Added support for conversation streaming / stream_direct (Added in 2.6.0)
- Added support for conversations (Added in 2.6.0)
- Added support for report forwarding (Added in 2.5.0)
- Added support for multiple OAuth redirect URIs and forcing the user to re-login in OAuth flows.
- Added support for app_verify_credentials endpoint (Added in 2.7.2).
- Added support for min_id based backwards pagination (Added in 2.6.0). The old method is still supported for older installs.
- Added support for account pins / endorsements (Added in 2.5.0).
- Updated documentation for changes to entities.
- Added the ability to access non-authenticated endpoints with no app credentials (Thanks to cerisara for the report and codl).
- Fixed the streaming API not working with gzip encoding (Thanks to bitleks for the report).
- Added more explicitly caught error classes (Thanks to lefherz).
- Improved Pleroma support including content-type and pagination fixes (Thanks to jfmcbrayer for the report and codl).
- Added better session support (Thanks to jrabbit).
- Fixed dependencies (Thanks to jrabbit).
- Fixed variousmime type issues (Thanks to errbufferoverfl and jfmcbrayer).
- Improved the example code (Thanks to MarkEEaton).
- Fixed various small documentation issues (Thanks to allo-).