An open licensed (MIT) library for performing generating deltas (A.K.A sequences of operations) representing the difference between two sequences of comparable tokens.
pip install deltas
- Repo: http://github.com/halfak/Deltas
- Documentation: http://pythonhosted.org/deltas
- Note this library requires Python 3.3 or newer
This library is intended to be used to make experimental difference detection strategies more easily available. There are currently two strategies available:
- A shameless wrapper around difflib.SequenceMatcher to get it to work within the structure of deltas.
deltas.segment_matcher.diff(a, b, segmenter=None):
- A generalized difference detector that is designed to detect block moves
and copies based on the use of a
>>> from deltas import segment_matcher, text_split >>> >>> a = text_split.tokenize("This is some text. This is some other text.") >>> b = text_split.tokenize("This is some other text. This is some text.") >>> operations = segment_matcher.diff(a, b) >>> >>> for op in operations: ... print(op.name, repr(''.join(a[op.a1:op.a2])), ... repr(''.join(b[op.b1:op.b2]))) ... equal 'This is some other text.' 'This is some other text.' insert ' ' ' ' equal 'This is some text.' 'This is some text.' delete ' ' ''