Ruby For Artists
A weird and wonderful mixture of different ways to use ruby to make art
- Gosu - some simple examples of using gosu, the 2d game api
- JRubyArt - a simple example and partial port of the Sunburst tool, both taken from the book "Generate Design"
- mittsu a simple and a more complex example of Mittsu, the ThreeJS inspired OpenGL wrapper
- portmidi some examples of using the portmidi library to use
- RubySynth an MVP of a ruby sound synthesizer system
- SketchUp API two small examples on how to use Ruby to crate Geometry in SketchUP.
- the_talk this is the actual presentation, using a quick template setup. It uses Remark.
Other Projects mentioned in the talk:
- halfbyte/calgen The prawn example I showed in the beginning
- halfbyte/Gosu-Minesweeper The hack to make Minesweeper run on Launchpad (There's also my version running in the Browser from JSUnconf2017, if you are a Minesweeper fan)
- halfbyte/webovision Not actually mentioned as this was the one thing I left out. (See the result)