_______ __ ___t____ __ __ | _ .--.--| |--.--.--| _ .--.--.-----| |_| |--. |. l | | | _ | | | 1___| | | | _| | |. _ |_____|_____|___ |____ |___ |__|__|____|__|__| |: | | |_____|: 1 |_____| |::.|:. | |::.. . | `--- ---' `-------'
- Ruby Synth is a collection of primitives to make electronic music with pure ruby.
- Ruby Synth is the backing project for my EuRuKo 2019 talk "The musical Ruby".
- Ruby Synth also contains a ton of additional writing to supplement the very dense 30 minute talk. You can read that additional material at ruby-synth.fun.
Eventually I'll try to turn the primitives into a proper gem and better tests, but that will depend on your interest and if I can give this talk a couple of more times.
Contributing or just playing around
- You'll need to install SoX
- You'll need Ruby 2.6.3 (it's an arbitrary choice and you could modify
.ruby-versionto make it run on older rubies, I don't use any 2.6 specific code)
- Most code is somewhat documented but I haven't yet built proper docs for it.
All code here is licensed under the AGPL 3.0 license as documented at LICENSE unless stated otherwise.
The entire contents of the "website" folder of the repo (and with that, this website you're just reading) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Unported license. The full license is at website/LICENSE