This is a Google Chrome extension that replaces the new tab page with a blank page.
Installing from Source
- git clone https://github.com/hallc/chrome-newtab.git
- Start Google Chrome and open the extensions screen.
- Check the box to enable developer mode.
- Choose "Load unpacked extension..." and select the directory containing manifest.json.
Installing the Packaged Release
The packaged release is no longer supported on Windows or OS X:
Windows and Mac installs must come from Chrome Web Store:
As of Chrome 33, no external installs are allowed from a path to a local .crx on Windows (see Protecting Windows users from malicious extensions). As of Chrome 44, no external installs are allowed from a path to a local .crx on Mac (see Continuing to protect Chrome users from malicious extensions).
On other operating systems:
- Download chrome-newtab-1.0.0.crx
- Open the extensions page in Chrome.
- Drag the .crx file from your Downloads directory to the extensions page. Use the "Files" app to do this if you are running Chrome OS.
Installing from the Chrome Web Store
Visit the Chrome Web Store to install a packaged version of this extension.
This extension is distributed under the MIT License.