Tinder is a library for interfacing with Campfire, the chat application from 37Signals, allowing you to programmatically manage and speak/listen in chat rooms. As of December 2009, thanks to initial work from Joshua Peek at 37signals, it now makes use of the official Campfire API (described at: http://developer.37signals.com/campfire/).
campfire = Tinder::Campfire.new 'mysubdomain', :token => '546884b3d8fee4d80665g561caf7h9f3ea7b999e' # or you can still use username/password and Tinder will look up your token # campfire = Tinder::Campfire.new 'mysubdomain', :username => 'user', :password => 'pass' room = campfire.rooms.first room.rename 'New Room Names' room.speak 'Hello world!' room.paste "my pasted\ncode" room = campfire.find_room_by_guest_hash 'abc123', 'John Doe' room.speak 'Hello world!'
See the RDoc for more details.
gem install tinder
If you find what looks like a bug:
- Check the GitHub issue tracker to see if anyone else has had the same issue. http://github.com/collectiveidea/tinder/issues/
- If you don't see anything, create an issue with information on how to reproduce it.
If you want to contribute an enhancement or a fix:
- Fork the project on github. http://github.com/collectiveidea/tinder
- Make your changes with tests.
- Commit the changes without making changes to the Rakefile, VERSION, or any other files that aren't related to your enhancement or fix
- Send a pull request.