- Xmonad workspace indicator!
- Display both application name and window title in panel
- Move launcher under panel so it doesn't cover it
- Load panel only on the primary screen
- Don't filter apps in lagacy tray
- Changed spread(aplication and workspace switcher) behaviour so it's useful in xmonad.
- Simplified spred layout and animations so it works much faster
Start with this tutorial
git clone git://github.com/hamaxx/unity-2d-for-xmonad.git
sudo apt-get install unity-2d
sudo apt-get build-dep unity-2d
cd unity-2d-for-xmonad cmake . && make
./launcher/app/unity-2d-launcher ./panel/app/unity-2d-panel ./places/app/unity-2d-places
sudo make install
Enabling Xmonad workspace indicator (Inspired by xmonad-log-applet for gnome panel)
- Use my xmonad.hs config file from xmonad-files folder
- If you have problems with DBus error message, use the version in xmonad-files (Install with sudo cabal install)
- Open dconf-editor, go to "com -> canonical -> unity-2d -> panel " and check the xmonadlog field or add "xmonadlog" to applets field.
- Restart unity-2d-panel
If you experience problems with Xmonad not redrawing windows while switching workspaces, try disabling desktop icons
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.background show-desktop-icons false