Pheditor is a single-file editor and file manager written in PHP.
- Editor with syntax highlighting
- File Manager (create, rename and delete files and directories)
- Password protected area
- Keeping the history of edited files and changes
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Access levels for reading and writing and other permissions
Install & Usage
Install using composer:
composer create-project hamidsamak/pheditor
or just upload
pheditor.php to your web host (and/or rename it as you wish).
- The default password is
admin. Please change the password after install or first login.
- As the script gives permission to edit files, it is recommended to keep the address secret or protected depending on the web-server you are using.
The settings would be editable in the main PHP file (pheditor.php by default). The settings are as below:
- Define patterns for files and directories to view/edit (empty means all files & directories)
- Log file path
- Show/Hide hidden files
- Limit access to the page only for an IP address (empty means access for all)
- Show/Hide main pheditor file (pheditor.php) in files list to edit
- History files path
- Word wrap
- Changing main directory (
- New File
Ctrl (CMD) + Shift + N
- Save File
Ctrl (CMD) + Shift + S
- Switch between file manager and editor
- Double press
Escto open file menu
- Double click on file name to view in browser window/tab.
Using without password:
You can empty the
PASSWORD constant in the source code to access the script without the password. But it is highly recommended to use it and change the default password after installation.
Access Levels and Permissions:
There are eight permissions for users that is defined in
PERMISSIONS constant. You can remove any of them as you need.