Kids in Danger Android application
This is the KID Android application. It is currently under development.
- Install JRuby (probably via RVM)
- Install Mirah on JRuby (gem install mirah)
- Install Android SDK (I am using r16)
- Install an Android emulator (I am developing against ICS)
- Install Pindah on JRuby (gem install pindah)
- rake debug
- adb install bin/kid-debug.apk
- Launch it on Android!
Be sure to include
spec_helper since it will load the java classpath
for you. You'll also have to add your class to the import statements. I
think we may be able to make this better, though. Then you can use them
like any other Ruby class in your rspec.
- Note: RSpec runs in JRuby, not Mirah!
- As a parent, I would like to see the latest recalls, So that I can keep my child safe. - Done. ✓
- As a parent, I would like to be alerted when a certain type of product is recalled, so that I can avoid purchasing recalled goods.
- As a parent, I would like to be alerted when a recall has been made on my specific items, so that I can immediately protect my child.
- As a parent, I would like to scan a product, so that I can quickly get all of my specific items into the application.
- As a parent, I would like to manage my list of products, so that when I get rid of an old object I do not get an alert about it.
- As a parent, I would like to see the details of a particular recall, So that I can determine whther it affects me. -Hammer
That should be good enough to get us through the mobile contest.