Hannah Bollar hbollar
The objective of this assignment is to create an L System parser and generate interesting looking plants.
View the Project
My Implementation of the Assignment
Invented operations for any three symbols of choosing:
- 'A', 'B' : different rotations for y,z rotations bc + and - covered base-x rotations
- 'C' : adding a flower to the tree (sphere)
- the base axiom: what it builds off of when it starts the first iteration [or redraws for a new set of iterations] note: only builds off of this only when iterations changes from <= current iterations. otherwise builds off of current axiom so the tree "grows".
- r, g, b: changes rgb values of the actuall tree/plant. flowers change based on this inputted color but are not the exact color inputted
- grows in 3D as explained in the base axiom interactive variable: builds off of base axiom only when iterations changes from <= current iterations. otherwise builds off of current axiom so the tree "grows".
- has flowers that are added as part of grammar
- different instances of the plant look distinctly different
- twist: the color of the flowers changes with reference to the color of the tree itself