Outdated-Doc-Detector is a Chrome extension to help non-English developers to check whether the translation of the current page is behind the corresponding English version.
Chrome WebStore install link
Google has some developer websites that support multiple languages. You can select one of these at the lower left/right corner of the page as your default display language. Many non-English developers prefer to use their language as the default display language. But these non-English documents are often behind it's corresponding English versions.
Outdated documents often lead to potential problems and are inconspicuous for developers. This extension is used to indicate whether the ducument is out of date by comparing the updated time between non-English version and English version of the same page.
Instructions for use
After installing the extension from Chrome webstore, it will show different extension icons when you visit the supported developer websites with non-English preference:
- Smile icon: the updated time of current page is late than it's English version, so you are safe.
- Warn icon: the updated time of current page is before the updated time of the English version, so you need to pay attention.
- Dangerous icon: the updated time of current page is long before the updated time of the English version, so you need to check the English verion.
- Inactive state icon: when you visit non-supported developer websites or the current page is English, the extension is in an inactive state.
Note: This extension is implemented by event pages which are loaded only in a few seconds at the beginning of visiting the supported developer websites or clicking the extension icon. So it doesn't occupy your system resources.
Supported developer websites
- MDN Web Docs: developer.mozilla.org
- Android Developers：developer.android.com , developer.android.google.cn , source.android.com , source.android.google.cn
- Google Developers：developers.google.com , developers.google.cn
- Firebase Developers：firebase.google.com , firebase.google.cn
- Google Cloud Developers：cloud.google.com
- TensorFlow Developers：www.tensorflow.org , tensorflow.google.cn
[1.2.0] - 2018-02-05
- New feature: Support MDN Web Docs for web developers.
[1.1.0] - 2017-09-08
- New feature: Add warning banner in web pages and it's setting in the extension options page.
[1.0.2] - 2017-09-02
- New feature: Add keyboard shortcut for popup page, default is "Alt+Shift+E".