A tinder-like swipe experience for android and ios. The application pulls cards (images) from the imgur api and renders them via react-native. An user can vote for content by a tinder-like swipe animation. Please reach out to become a beta tester.
- react-native app for ios (
- react-native app for android (
- fetching images from imgur api; authorization based on clientId (
- state management via
- swipe gesture based on
- buttons to trigger accept-card animation or reject-card animation
- overlaying color buttons to indicate swipe gesture progress
- prefetching images before they get rendered
- image rendering thumbnails 320x320
- fallback to original image if thumbnail is not available
- styles calculated based on view port dimensions, support for multiple devices.
- reloading of image stack ones all images have been swiped
- handling of api failures such as rate-limiting with manual reload button
- display locked to portrait mode
- card render error handling
- cards fetch error handling
- unit tests
The app has been tested on iphone6, iphone7 and iphone7+ and Nexus5.