A centric checklist of awesome Java EE 8 resources, including news, blog entries, books, sample codes etc.
Welcome to contribute!
Java EE 8 news and community activities
- Java EE 8 and GlassFish 5.0 Released!, the Oracle official announcement.
- Java EE Guardians
- Tell Oracle to Move Forward Java EE as a Critical Part of the Global IT Industry
- Opening up Java EE
- Opening up Java EE - An update
- We Need Your Help - Moving Java EE to the Eclipse Foundation
- Oracle Joins Eclipse MicroProfile Project
- Joint Community Open Letter on Java EE Naming and Packaging
- Public Review of Java MVC 1.0 Specification is Now Open
- Vote for Java EE's New Name
- From Java EE to Jakarta EE: the Java EE Guardians Rebranding Debate with Oracle
- New home of Jakarta EE(Next generation of Java EE)
- Java EE 8 and the Open Future of Java EE
- Java EE 8 Recipes by Apress
Java EE 8 learning resources
- Java EE home page on Github, the official Java EE 8 Tutorial, and the reference implementation Glassfish v5.
- Oracle Java EE 8 SDK, includes the open-source Glassfish distribution, sample codes and tutorials.
- Eclipse MicroProfile picks up the original proposals that had been abandoned in Java EE 8, and it targets Microservice and brings Java EE to cloud native applications.
- Java EE 8 @ JavaONE 2017
- Java EE 8 Hands On Lab
- Java Magazine November/December 2017 Edtion focuses on Java EE 8 update
- What's new in Java EE 8, a Java EE 8 overview from IBM DeveloperWorks
- The Top 5 New Features in Java EE 8
- Java EE 8 by example, ads for myself
- What's new in JSF 2.3? , by Arjan Tijms, a must-read article when upgrading to JSF 2.3.
- Migrate your @ManagedProperty annotations
- What's new in JPA 2.2
- JPA 2.2’s new getResultStream() method and how you should NOT use it
- What’s new in JPA 2.2 – Stream the result of a Query execution
- What’s new in JPA 2.2 – Java 8 Date and Time Types
- Handy Improvements in JPA 2.2
Bean Validation 2.0
- Bean Validation 2.0
- Bean Validation 2.0 - A new JSR is born!
- And here comes Hibernate Validator 6.0 Final with Bean Validation 2.0 support
- Validating Container Elements with Bean Validation 2.0
- JSON Binding API - Getting Started
- Gettting Started with JSON-B
- Get started with the JSON Binding API, Part 2,Part 3, Part 4, JSON-B series from IBM DeveloperWorks
- Java API for RESTful Web Services 2.1 Released
- JAX-RS 2.1 Reactive Client API
- JAX-RS 2.1 New Feature Introduction
- Jersey Client Dependencies for JAX-RS 2.1
- Ed Burns Discusses HTTP/2 and the Java EE Servlet 4 Specification
- First Look at HTTP/2 Server Push in Java Servlet 4.0 Specification