This is the repo for the standalone, downloadable version of generatedata.com.
Generally the trunk is pretty stable, but it's never guaranteed. If you're downloading the code, I'd suggest getting the most recent tag: https://github.com/benkeen/generatedata/releases
How to Install / Documentation
For the installation instructions, user documentation and developer documentation, check out: http://benkeen.github.io/generatedata/
Installation is really, really simple. I deliberately wrote the script to be as self-contained as possible and not require additional PHP/Server configuration when setting it up. That said, it does require PHP 5.3.0 or later. See the documentation for more info.
Test coverage is pretty weak right now! I'm in the midst of adding phpunit tests and integrating it with Travis, but it's going to be a little hairy for a while just yet.
This script is freely available under the GPL 3 license. See license.txt in the root folder. Please note that all contributors agree that all code is released under this license.
In addition to the many folks who submit bug reports, a big thanks to the following for their help extending the script:
- Joeri Noort - IBAN numbers (3.0.8)
- Michel Roca - Full and correct French translation (3.0.7)
- Marco Corona - LDIF Export Type added (3.0.7)
- Andre Fortin - original Costa Rica Country plugin & Phone-Regional Data Type (3.0.6)
- Marcello Verona - Italy Country plugin (3.0.4)
- Roberto Aragón, Charo Baena - Spanish translation & Country plugin (3.0.2)
- Kent Chenery - MS SQL plugin (3.0.1)
3.0.8 - Oct 28, 2013
- International Bank Numbers - thanks, Joeri Noort!
- PostgreSQL database support added to SQL Export Type
- Bug fixes: https://github.com/benkeen/generatedata/issues?milestone=8&page=1&state=closed
3.0.7 - Sept 7, 2013
- LDIF Export Type support - thanks, Marco Corona!
- Proper (genuine!) French translation courtesy of Michel Roca
- Optional JS, CSS minimization and bundling via Grunt. See help documentation for more information: http://benkeen.github.io/generatedata/developer.html#bundling
- PHP 5.5 compatibility fixes: database connection now with mysqli; Generator class renamed to DataGenerator due to naming conflict.
- Bug fixes: https://github.com/benkeen/generatedata/issues?milestone=7&page=1&state=closed
3.0.6 - Aug 1, 2013
- Costa Rica Country plugin, Phone-Regional Data Type added, courtesy of Andre Fortin
- bug fixes, see: https://github.com/benkeen/generatedata/issues?milestone=6&page=1&state=closed
3.0.5 - July 13, 2013
- Currency Data Type added.
- Assorted bug fixes, see: https://github.com/benkeen/generatedata/issues?milestone=5&page=1&state=closed
3.0.4 - July 2nd, 2013
- Italy Export Type, courtesy of Marcello Verona
- Regional Names Data Type added, data for Italy and France from Marcello Verona
3.0.3 - June 23, 2013
- Bug fixes. See: https://github.com/benkeen/generatedata/issues?milestone=3
3.0.2 - June 12, 2013
- Spanish translation and Country plugin added (thanks, @robarago!)
- bug fixes, other updates: https://github.com/benkeen/generatedata/issues?milestone=2&state=closed
3.0.1 - June 1st, 2013
- MSSQL support added (thanks, Kent!)
- Assorted bug fixes / updates. See: https://github.com/benkeen/generatedata/issues?milestone=1&state=closed
3.0.0 - May 21st, 2013
- Initial release.
Ben Keen @vancouverben