This started out as an experiment, and to learn more about how emulators actually do what they do.
I ended up not having the time to finish it, but I might come back to it and get it to a point where it can play a few simple games.
For now, it does the following things:
- Parse and correctly execute all opcodes (including multi byte opcodes),
- Load the bios and play the Logo animation,
- Write the logo animation to the graphics output,
- Boot Tetris (without graphical output).
Things that would be required to actually play a game:
- Add all memory banks,
- Add sound output,
- Probably fix a bunch of opcode bugs.
If you have any question, feel free to shoot me a message or open an issue.
The following things were used as resources