- Adds window buttons to the top panel for maximized windows.
- Shows current window title in the app menu for maximized windows.
- Removes titlebars on maximized windows.
- Hides window controls on maximized windows with headerbars.
- Moves the date to the right, fixes icons spacing and removes dropdown arrows.
- Moves legacy tray icons to the top panel.
- Moves notifications to the right.
- Hides activities button.
- Adds desktop name to the top panel.
Unite running with the default options.
Settings window available in gnome-tweaks.
2 applications on wayland with client side decorations are supported using CSS.
Make sure you have installed
apt install x11-utils
dnf install xprop
- Fedora Silverblue:
rpm-ostree install xprop
pacman -S xorg-xprop
Then, download the latest release and extract it into
~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions. To get the complete Ubuntu Unity layout, you can combine it with Dash to Dock or Dash to Plank extension and Gnome HUD menu.
Gnome Shell Extensions
Arch Linux: AUR package
Bug reports and pull requests are welcome on GitHub at https://github.com/hardpixel/unite-shell.
Unite Shell is available as open source under the terms of the GPLv3