- Music library management based on metadata tags.
- Capable of indexing 30+ files/second & saves cache for future app start-ups.
- Very strictly follows Material Design guidelines for UI & animations.
- mpv based music playback for strong format support (on Linux & Windows) using
- Taskbar & System Media Transport Controls for Windows.
- D-Bus MPRIS controls for Linux.
- Small installer (≈ 35 MB) & low RAM usage (≈ 150 MB).
- Time synced lyrics for all your music.
- Ability to create persistent or "Now playing" playlists.
- Context menu integrations & file associations (exclusive to setup version).
- Discord RPC integration with album art support & "Find"/"Listen" buttons.
- Portable (if you wish).
- Pitch shifting.
- Volume boost.
- Speed adjustment.
- Details editor.
- Cross-platform (currently aiming Windows, Linux & Android).
- Does not use electron.js.
- Music visuals.
- Metadata reader.
- Gapless playback.
- Multiple artist support.
- Online URLs player.
- .LRC file compatibility (mannual loading or automatic lookup in folder).
- Fallback cover support. e.g.
- Built-in YouTube Music client.
It's really hard to find software with good design & animations on desktop. It's almost like desktop app developers don't have faith in adding animations to their UI. Other music players, which look kind-of good don't work properly, refuse to support an audio format, read tags incorrectly, don't have my favorite feature or simply use electron.js.
Harmonoid very strictly implements Material Design to be a consistent, cohesive & modern music player for all platforms.
There are no inconsistent paddings, spacings or weird alignments to make me feel uncomfortable. It's built with care & proper time is given to everything. Learn more about the project on official website [until I can afford this domain].
If you enjoy using this music player, please consider buying me a coffee.
- Folders view.
- Material You / Material Design 3 implementation.
- libmpv flags & IPC support.
- Window position & state save/restore.
- Genre tab.
- Third-party themes support.
- Music sensitive visualizers.
- macOS version (adaptation & dependencies-configuration).
- Mini-window mode.
- Minimization to system tray.
- Last.fm scrobbling.
- Plugin API.
- Windows 11 IExplorerCommand integration.
- Video playback & library management (???)
- Publishing to FlatHub, Microsoft Store & other places.
- Desktop app controller for Android.
- Cross-platform syncing & mutual playlist with friends (once we are mature).
You can help me by adding or updating translations for Harmonoid at harmonoid/translations repository.
Harmonoid & the source code in this repository is under End-User License Agreement for Harmonoid.