An online collective Surrealist poetry generator. See this blog post for more info on the history of the game and of this Internet adaptation.
All poems are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Anyone can contribute to exquisitecorpse.io. I do my best to remove content that's blatantly inappropriate or obviously a violation of someone else's copyright.
Source code for this project (which is different from the content of the poems themselves) is (c) 2008-2018 Rafael Harpo Marchand Jaeger and licensed under the GPL v3. Pull requests are welcome.
Frontend built with React and create-react-app. Backend built with Node.js and Express. exquisitecorpse.io runs on Heroku. Thanks to @tylermcginness for a terrific React tutorial, and thanks to a million different Stack Exchange answers and commenters.
Additional contributors are credited.
- 2018-11-03 Upgrade to react-scripts 2.1.1 to address CVE-2017-16138 and another vulnerability. Some minor refactoring to comply with 2.1.1's stricter import ordering rules, and warnings related to a11y and an
- 2018-10-07, v1.2.2: fixed CSS incompatibilities resulting from including Bootstrap v4 instead of v3, as react-bootstrap requires.
- 2017-10-23, v1.2.1: added indentation when wrapping lines of poems (nmorduch).
- 2017-10-21, v1.2.0: added sorting controls.
- 2017-10-17, v1.1.2: display a completed poem in a modal dialog when user ends it.
- 2017-10-13, v1.1.1: removed link to self in completed poem modal.
- 2017-10-13, v1.1.0: updated to use Redux state management, plus some UI changes. More details here.
- for older versions, read about the history of the project.