A simple Slack interface to disseminate small but important bits of information to the team.
> /notable Chad found Cade's coat! # Got it! > /notable The soup, the soup. The soup! #big # Got it!
You'll need to have a working Go environment (including
$GOPATH and the proper directory structure).
It also uses Redis to persist data across processes, so you'll need that too.
To build the binaries, execute
go install ./...
in the project root and that should put
notable_server in your
$GOPATH/bin to run. Normal execution
goes something like:
env PORT=8080 SLACK_API_TOKEN=... $GOPATH/bin/notable_server
There's also the
send_digest binary that's used by the Heroku scheduler to send out and clear any notes nightly.
Configuration is done via environment variables, either directly or through Heroku.
FROM_EMAILdetermine who the email is from
TO_EMAILdetermine who the email is sent to
SMTP_PASSWORDprovide SMTP settings for sending email
REDIS_URLis normally provided by Heroku and gives connection details for the Redis instance
SLACK_API_TOKENis an API token generated by Slack that allows notable to get details about Slack users
SLACK_TOKENis the token generated by Slack that notable will verify on requests
SLACK_CHANNELdetermines what room notes are broadcast to, defaults to "general"
- Danny Wen (email@example.com) — progenitor
- Jason Dew (firstname.lastname@example.org) — initial code development
- Katie Rose (email@example.com) — lots of documentation and testing
- Matthew Lettini (firstname.lastname@example.org) — documentation page design
- Chris Moore (email@example.com) — configurable broadcast channel