Home Assistant Community Add-on: motionEye
Simple, elegant and feature-rich CCTV/NVR for your cameras.
motionEye is a popular frontend to the camera software called motion. This add-on provides both, allowing you to add your cameras to your Hass.io setup.
motionEye is Open Source CCTV and NVR, that is elegant and really easy to use. It can be used as a Baby Monitor, Construction Site Montage Viewer, Store Camera DVR, Garden Security, and much more.
Some cool features of motionEye:
- Support for a ridiculous amount of cameras, including IP cams.
- Add multiple cameras by hooking up multiple motionEye instances together. For example, by using MotionEyeOS on a Pi Zero + Pi camera in your network.
- Supports uploading recording into Google Drive and Dropbox.
- motion detection, including email notification and scheduling.
- Can record continuously, motion, or timelapse, with retention settings.
- Supports "action buttons" within the configuration.
You have several options to get them answered:
- The Home Assistant Community Add-ons Discord chat server for add-on support and feature requests.
- The Home Assistant Discord chat server for general Home Assistant discussions and questions.
- The Home Assistant Community Forum.
- Join the Reddit subreddit in /r/homeassistant
You could also open an issue here GitHub.
This is an active open-source project. We are always open to people who want to use the code or contribute to it.
We have set up a separate document containing our contribution guidelines.
Thank you for being involved!
Authors & contributors
The original setup of this repository is by Franck Nijhof.
For a full list of all authors and contributors, check the contributor's page.
We have got some Home Assistant add-ons for you
Want some more functionality to your Home Assistant instance?
We have created multiple add-ons for Home Assistant. For a full list, check out our GitHub Repository.
Copyright (c) 2018-2021 Franck Nijhof
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.