Home Assistant Community Add-on: Tor
Protect your privacy and access Home Assistant via Tor.
This Tor add-on allows you to access you Home Assistant instance as an Onion site, trough Tor's Hidden Service feature. With this feature enabled, you do not need to open your firewall ports or setup HTTPS to enable secure remote access.
This is useful if you want to have:
- Access your Home Assistant instance remotely without opening a firewall port or setting up a VPN.
- Don’t want to or know how to get an SSL/TLS certificate and HTTPS configuration setup.
- Want to block attackers from even being able to access/scan your port and server at all.
- Want to block anyone from knowing your home IP address and seeing your traffic to your Home Assistant.
The add-on also offers the possibility to open a Sock proxy into the Tor network. Allowing you to access Tor from any of your (SOCKS supporting) applications through your Home Assistant installation.
You have several options to get them answered:
- The Home Assistant Community Add-ons Discord chat server for add-on support and feature requests.
- The Home Assistant Discord chat server for general Home Assistant discussions and questions.
- The Home Assistant Community Forum.
- Join the Reddit subreddit in /r/homeassistant
You could also open an issue here GitHub.
This is an active open-source project. We are always open to people who want to use the code or contribute to it.
We have set up a separate document containing our contribution guidelines.
Thank you for being involved!
Authors & contributors
The original setup of this repository is by Franck Nijhof.
For a full list of all authors and contributors, check the contributor's page.
We have got some Home Assistant add-ons for you
Want some more functionality to your Home Assistant instance?
We have created multiple add-ons for Home Assistant. For a full list, check out our GitHub Repository.
Copyright (c) 2017-2021 Franck Nijhof
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.