This repository contains the following material:
- Manifest files to build the desktop.
- General issue tracker.
Manifest files describe the project structure and is used by git-repo to fetch all the packages repositories.
How to use it
To prepare for cloning, perform the following procedure:
- Create ~/bin/ subdirectory, include it in PATH, and then switch to it by executing the following commands:
mkdir ~/bin/ PATH=~/bin:$PATH
- Download the repo script by executing the following command:
curl http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo > ~/bin/repo
- Change the attribute of repo to make it executable by executing the command:
chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
- Create a new directory for Hawaii and then switch to it by executing the following commands:
mkdir ~/hawaii cd ~/hawaii
Clone latest sources
To clone the latest source of all projects over SSH, perform the following procedure:
- Initialize the repository by executing one of the following commands, as appropriate.
For developer access:
repo init -u ssh://email@example.com/hawaii-desktop/hawaii.git
For read-only access:
repo init -u https://github.com/hawaii-desktop/hawaii.git
- Synchronize the repository by executing the following command:
Get ready for development
repo doesn't create local branches for you, hence you end up with a detached head that points to the last known good commit.
Before you start developing make sure you have local branches:
repo forall -c 'git checkout $REPO_RREV'
Now set git to use the commit template that will help you write good commit messages:
ROOTDIR=$(pwd) repo forall -c 'git config commit.template $ROOTDIR/misc/repotools/.commit-template'
General issue tracker
Click on the Issues tab and submit issues.
Click on the Wiki tab, read and/or write new content.
Alternatively you can clone the Wiki repository, work on your local system and push the changes back.
Clone the repository with:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:hawaii-desktop/hawaii.wiki.git