A formatted version lives at https://hawkrives.github.io/resume/.
Hawken MacKay Rives
Diligent worker with an aptitude for applying knowledge to new situations. Intermediate level of proficiency in Japanese; skilled with Python, C++, and ECMAScript, with limited exposure to Scheme and Java. Eagle scout from the Indian Nations Council in Oklahoma.
St. Olaf College, Northfield, Minnesota
B.A. in Computer Science and Asian Studies, May 2016
GPA: 2.99; Computer Science GPA: 3.53.
Study Abroad, Lexis Japan, Kōbe, Japan
No degree, June–July 2015
Assistant to the Macintosh Systems Administrator, St. Olaf College; Northfield, MN
Feb. 2013–May 2016
- Repaired hardware and software for campus Macs.
- Learned to manage and maintain campus-wide fleet of dual-boot Macs.
- Deployed 120-odd new Macs across campus each year.
IT Assistant to Joachim Reppmann; Northfield, MN
Dec. 2012–May 2016
- Maintained computer and associated personal technology.
- Designed and layed out brochures for provided German-language texts.
- Managed and advised on web presence for the business.
Computer Science Teaching Assistant, St. Olaf College; Northfield, MN
Sept. to Dec. 2013; Sept. 2014–May 2016
- Built a set of semi-automated grading tools for analysing homework submissions.
- Graded homework for our Principles of Computer Science and Software Design courses.
IT Helpdesk Associate, St. Olaf College; Northfield, MN
Sept. 2012–Jan. 2013
- Built a status board for internal helpdesk statistics.
- Migrated faculty, staff, and students to a new printing system over two weeks.
In-House Computer Expert, Benchmark Monument; Tulsa, OK
- Advised on technology purchasing decisions.
- Maintained all computers and associated technology.
A scheduling assistant for students at St. Olaf College, built answer the question: given your course load, and what you want to major in, can you graduate on time?
A tool to streamline the grading process for CS courses, it coallates submissions and performs automated checks to ease the burden on the graders.
Part of my CS Capstone team project, the original goal was to render a 3D model of Regents Hall across as many monitors as we could. It currently renders a warp drive simulation across nine displays in a square.
A multi-faceted, modular status board, this project’s primary purpose is to monitor the campus printers for any errors. It also tracks who has responded to the most tickets on a leaderboard, and provides a central location to see who works next.
A team project in Bioinformatics, this application takes a phylogenetic tree and looks for instances of nonmonophyly. It identifies the cause of the nonmonophyly, and will allow for the first large-scale analysis of the occurence rate of the phemenon.
An iOS/Android application written with React Native for colocating a bunch of information for students of St. Olaf College. Written by a group of former and current students, it allows you to see a bunch of information that is interesting and relevant to St. Olaf students.