Highlights of this release:
- UI Improvements
- Trace instance diagram enhancements to make it easier to view larger diagrams
- Properties associated with nodes in the trace instance diagram now shown in a tooltip
- When available, service names now included in nodes on Distributed Tracing and Trace Instance diagrams
- Zipkin integration
- Kafka consumer enabling support for wider range of Zipkin compliant client instrumentation libraries
- Kafka and Http collectors now accept json and thrift encoded data
- Example to demonstrate monitoring polyglot application with services written in Java, node.js, ruby and python
- Initial implementation of a Java provider
- Hawkular Alerts Integration
- Trace instance completion events are now published to Hawkular Alerts
- Many bug fixes.
NOTE: There have been some backward incompatible changes to some of the REST APIs in this version. We apologise for any inconvenience but hope they will improve the usability of the APIs.
Project documentation is available here.
The detailed release notes can be found here.
Feature requests and bugs should be reported in our project jira.
I would like to thank (in alphabetical order):
- Gabriel Cardoso (@cardosogabriel)
- Juraci Paixão Kröhling (@jpkrohling)
- Pavol Loffay (@pavolloffay)
- Alexandre Mendonça (@ammendonca)
- Lucas Ponce (@lucasponce)
for their contributions to this release.