Haxegon (version 0.13.0 (2018-09-04))
Haxegon is a tiny haxe programming library aimed at beginners. Haxegon is starting to get pretty stable, so you can expect the API not to change too much more before 1.0!
The current update, 0.13.0, brings support for the latest versions of OpenFL (8.4.1), Lime (7.0.0) and Starling (2.4.1). The documentation focus has been pushed back to 0.14.0 to keep things up to date!
Haxegon compiles natively to HTML5 and Desktop (Win, Mac, Linux, Neko). Flash is also supported as a legacy/development platform. Other platforms (including Mobile and Switch) are possible, and may be coming in future!
Trying it out
Interested in trying it out? First install openfl via instructions here, then you can install Haxegon using haxelib:
haxelib install haxegon
Once the library is installed, use this blank project file to get started:
About version 0.13.0
Haxegon hasn't worked with the most recent versions of OpenFL for a couple of months now, so I decided to release this version to get things back up and running. Originally the idea was that this version would focus on documentation, but that's been pushed back. A lot of the changes in this version are advanced features added for OVERWHELM, and for my current project Dicey Dungeons - though there are plenty of other fixes and improvements that will benefit everyone who uses the library!
- This version brings support for the latest versions of OpenFL (8.4.1), Lime (7.0.0) and Starling (2.4.1).
Core.enablescreen, which allows you to turn off the Haxegon screen completely. Useful if you just want to use Starling display objects directly!
Core.imagesmoothing- when true, uses bilinear smoothing when displaying images.
- Better, faster Starling Mesh batching. (thanks, @randomnine!)
- Optimisations to
Gfx.drawsubimage(). (thanks, @randomnine!)
- Added support for paths with
Core.mobilebrowser(), which returns true if the application is being played in a browser on a mobile device.
- Added default parameters to
var musicVolume = Save.loadvalue("MusicVolume", .5);. (thanks @increpare!)
- Updated Starling to v2.4.1.
- Fixed a bug where
Text.width()wasn't giving reliable values for bitmap fonts.
- Supress default backspace key behaviour on HTML5. (It usually acts like a "back" button in browsers, which you probably don't want)
Gfx.unloadimage(). (Unloads an image, freeing up its resources.)
- Support for higher resolution TTF fonts with
Debug.limitdrawcallsfor display list debugging.
- Fixed mouse deltas on touch controls.
Gfx.clearscreen(Col.TRANSPARENT)- it now works as expected on all platforms.
- Fixed a memory leak with
- Fixed HTML5 Fullscreen button controls.
- Fixed autocomplete issues in HaxeDevelop with
(For a full update history, see the changelog.)